Zoning Board of Appeals
**To apply to the ZBA, all applications must go through the Zoning Enforcement Officer, Bob Fennel.
All ZBA applications can be found towards the bottom of the Building and Zoning Page**
- ZBA meetings are held at 7 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month.
- Please see the Red Hook Town Calendar on the website's homepage for information on when the Committee/Board is meeting.
- Governor Hochul Signs Legislation Extending Virtual Public Meetings
Upcoming Meeting Material
- Read RESOLUTION NO. 1, Application #: 23-07 Grid #: 6271-00-073869-0000. Applicants, Rhinebeck Solar LLC and Carson Power LLC. seek to construct a 5MWac ground mounted community solar facility on property located at 7099 Albany Post Road (Tax Id No. 6271-00-073869-0000) (“the Solar Project”)
- Resolution1 Rhinebeck Solar and Carson Solar
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Chair - Kate Karakassis
- Christopher Carney
- Christopher Klose
- George Jahn
- John Bonavita-Goldman
- Clerk PT - Anne Rubin
- Liaison - William Hamel
The Zoning Board of Appeals is a 5 year appointment, comprised of 5 members including the chair. The board maintains a part time clerk.
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) reviews and rules upon applications appealing the decision or determination of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
The ZBA has the powers to grant or deny appeal applications for area variances or use variances. Additionally, the ZBA hears and decides upon Requests for Interpretation. In such a case the ZBA is asked to review a determination made by the Zoning Enforcement Officer or the Building Inspector. The ZBA may reverse, affirm or modify (wholly or partially) the determination made by those administrative officials.
The Zoning Board of Appeals also has the power to review any request for change of a nonconforming use and to determine whether this intended use is a similar or more restrictive use.